How to lose belly – 5 simple tips for losing stomach fat
A pot belly is a collection of fat around the stomach area. Carrying extra fat around your belly is not only unattractive-it’s unhealthy. Excess fat in the stomach area puts you at greater risk for heart troubles and diabetes, among other things.
If you’re tired of having those extra pounds hanging over your jeans or are getting sick of beer-belly quips from friends, you may want to reduce (or hopefully even lose altogether) this unwelcome pudge. To gain control of your stomach area, you must lose the fat.
Here are some tips for losing belly fat:
- Eat the right kind of carbohydrates. This includes whole grains, fruits and vegetables and excludes processed sugars.
- Follow a well-balanced diet. Include all the food groups, focus on natural products and stay away from processed food as much as possible.
- Do abdominal crunches and stomach exercises to tone your muscles and help trim the area. This won’t get rid of the stomach fat, but it can start to improve your stomach profile.
- Walk or do other more vigorous cardio activities at least five days a week for twenty to thirty minutes. Heart health will also benefit from cardiovascular training as an added bonus!
- Lose weight. This may seem obvious and following the other steps will assist you with this, but after losing the belly fat, you must continue losing weight to maintain your healthy body.
Tips and Warnings:
- Get help where you need it. Join a weight loss program or gym if that works for you, or enlist the help of a friend or family member.
- Remember losing the inches is the first part of the battle. You have to maintain that loss in order to remain healthy.